Sunday June 23rd - same as the
Start point: NE corner of Alberta Park NE 21st and Ainsworth at noon.
End point: LiveHoneyBees apiary, 5035 NE 23rd Ave Portland OR 97211 at 2:30 pm.
“Be” one of many in a swarm of bees on bikes!
Our mission . . .
- Come dressed as a bee or flower (you and /or your bike). Extra hugs for coming as drones or Queens!
- We’ll have a few dress-up supplies on hand.
- We do final dressing up, learn the waggle dance ( soooo easy) then ride out around 1230 pm, detouring at times from the Sunday Parkways route to visit bee hives and bee gardens.
- At Woodlawn and Rigler Parks well Flash Mob ‘em with our waggle dance, sung to “I’m a Honey Bee, Buzzing ‘Round Your Hive”
- Pass out honey for playing a bee trivia game.
- Fill out your Bike-a-Bee Passport card.
- Spin the Bike Wheel of Bee Knowledge – win prizes.
AND it all happens on the last day of National Pollinator Week (June 17-23), just days before the grand opening of LiveHoneyBees’ publically displayed observation hive at Six Days Gallery during June’s last Thursday on Alberta.Cost: $10 donation basis.
Drop ins welcome – AND It would be great to know who’s registered.